How to delete your Facebook account? The social network of Mark Zuckerberg has, in fifteen years of existence, passed from status of must have, to that of a kind of digital drug accompanied by a difficult withdrawal. The impact of the social network on our lives is simply insane and the need for disconnection is more and more pressing. We explain how to perform this operation from the PC or smartphone, but also how to save your data and delete your activity to really disappear from the social network.
Want to get out of Facebook? The social network is in turmoil, especially since the 2016 American elections which highlighted the perverse effects of the platform. The Facebook-Cambridge Analytica affair also passed by there, then the recent hacking of Facebook did not help anything and proves us once again how much more and more complicated it is to trust the social network. To make matters worse, the average age on the social network is increasing and young people are increasingly deserting the platform in favor of alternative social networks. It’s high time to close your account and join them, right?
How to delete or deactivate a Facebook account from a Windows PC, Linux or Mac
- First of all we advise you to save your data and delete your activity on Facebook
- Go to Settings then click on Your Facebook information
- Click on View in the line Delete your account and your information
- Click on Delete my account and confirm with your password
- The total and final deletion of your Facebook account will take effect after 30 days . Your personal data is kept for 90 days. This process can still be canceled at any time during this time . Your journal will no longer be available and your profile will no longer appear in the search results. After this time, all your data will be lost forever provided that you have correctly deleted all your interactions.A word of advice: if you are really sure of your choice, we advise you to log out manually, delete your cookies and the Facebook password in your managers, in order to avoid any accidental connection which would then reactivate your account immediately.
How to delete or deactivate a Facebook account from an Android smartphone
The approach on Android or iOS smartphone is similar. In addition, it is also possible to delete your interactions one by one via your Personal History , but it is even longer and laborious, and there is no way on smartphone to automate this task.
- Go to menu ≡> Settings and Privacy> Settings> Properties and account control> Deactivation and deletion
From there you can simply deactivate your account. If you are sure you want to delete it:
- Touch Delete account and confirm by touching Continue account deletion
- Tap Delete Account and confirm with your password
- Uninstall Facebook on your smartphone and on all devices where the application is installed